|Birthday was six months ago, but that's a sweet cake, right?|
I was also a little too close to the situation in the recent shooting at George Bush Intercontinental Airport. This and the grind of flying twice a week for the past 2.5 years has helped me make the decision to get off the road!
Oh yeah, and later this year (or early next), I plan to tackle a 50 miler to try and qualify for the Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run. It's real if I put it online, so I'm gonna go for it. Injuries have plagued me, but I can run slow for a long time, without too much pain!
What's on my upcoming schedule?
- Asheville Beer Week (Asheville, NC)
- Prefontaine Classic (Eugene, OR)
- New Balance Nationals Outdoor (Greensboro, NC)
- USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships (Des Moines, IA)
- Hopscotch Music Festival (Raleigh, NC)
Here are some of the articles I've written for "The Mixed Zone" at the Daily Relay:
- “Doesn't matter who wins 'cause they're all losers.” Gimmick racing at an all time high
- 10 important tips for running a Beer Mile (from World Record holder Josh Harris)
- Running with WTF podcast’s Marc Maron
- What do your running shoes say about you?
- “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn” (about Alan Webb and Chris Solinsky's comebacks)
- 5 Reasons the Boston Marathon is similar to The Masters (and 5 reasons it’s different)
And here are some of the "5 Questions" interviews I've done:
*Here's a link to all my pieces at the Daily Relay
Follow writing about running on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
Support the site and start here when you shop on Amazon.com